Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall 2011 Blogger's Quilt Festival


For this Blogger's Quilt Festival I'm sharing a summer spread I purchased from a quilt dealer at my local quilt show. It was $50. The giant basket is full of hexagon flowers. A very fun quilt and in fairly good condition too!

Amy'sCreativeSide
Go the festival page, enter your post and win some prizes too. Thanks Amy.

Kit Lang commented that the quilts in the Blogger's Quilt Festival needed to be made by the poster. Hmmmm, I guess I didn't see that in the instructions. So just to be on the safe side, here's a quilt I made. As for the story, it was made from scraps of a reproduction of a lone star in the collection of the Michigan State University Museum. You can see the original here and the reproduction here. This is also a sneak peak of a quilt I'm almost finished quilting. It too is a lone star made from scraps from the reproduction. I used EQ7 to test border colors and blogged about it on June 21, 2010. When it's done and photographed I'll post it with it's EQ7 version.


Till next time.....Happy Quilting

9 comments:

  1. Is this an antique quilt? I have lots of vintage hexagons that I would love to do something unusual with someday. I tried to see it up closer, but that didn't seem to help. I've entered the festival before...I can't believe how many entries there are already! I would love to do a festival with just antique quilts. Wouldn't that be fun! Check out my blog or website if you get a chance.
    Brenda...the Farmer's Dotter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that it's any of my business, but you're supposed to show something YOU made. ;)

    Thanks for showing us this one though. :)

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful basket of prettiness! Thanks so much for sharing this sweet quilt. What a great job you are doing! Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't recall there being anything about it being a quilt you made, just your favorite and the story behind it. But, then, I could be wrong (it happens often! hehe).

    Either way, hexi flowers and your quilt, both very pretty. Hexi flowers sounds like you got a great deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a delightful basket of hexie flowers. A wonderful purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat flower basket--love the old fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt- reminds me of the basket on black ground in the Nebraska quilt museum. Glad I'm not the only one showing antique or vintage. And you didn't break the rules, I've shown quilts on both my blogs (new and antique) and Amy even had me write twice as "featured blogger" (one for each blog).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilts are beautiful! I love the hexagon flowers and the lovely red lonestar :-) Thanks for sharing both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage quilt...thanks for sharing that with us...and your quilt is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete