Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Savanna's Quilt Part 2


Part 2 of Savanna's quilt is ready. Just click Savanna Part 2 for your free copy. As I was writing this pattern I was thinking about my favorite ways to applique. First, I'll admit that applique is not my favorite part of quiltmaking, but I have managed to do a nice job when I need it.

In the early 1990s I ran a quilt retreat in Northern Michigan. Being the retreat organizer, I got to choose the teachers who were hired and I hired some of the best appliquers. When I read my Quilter's Newsletter Magazine I don't see these ladies names often, so I want to share them with you. They are all active and still doing amazing work. Please check out these talented women: Elly Sienkiewicz, the queen of the Baltimore Album style quilt and a great storyteller; Pat Campbell, the woman who converted Jacobean embroidery into gorgeous applique; Jeanna Kimball whose simple designs exuded a wonderful animation; and Charlotte Warr Andersen whose pictorial and portraiture quiltmaking is second to none. I hope you enjoy their websites.

They also offer wonderful products that make appliqueing more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment