Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rainbow Block Company


Pictured is a quilt I bought on eBay a few years ago. The blocks are a mixture of applique and embroidery. The quilt was made in the 1930s from blocks ordered from the Rainbow Quilt Block Company. Quilt historian and researcher Sharon Pinka came to the MSU Museum to do research on our collection of quilt kits produced by the Rainbow Block Company, so I dragged this quilt out of the closet to share it with Sharon.

In May the Capitol City Quilt Guild is having a quilt show. It is the 25th anniversary of the guild and I'm trying to finish a quilt for the show. That's why I haven't blogged in a long time.

I've also been glued to the NCAA men's basketball tournament. The MSU Spartans are in the final four, so another excuse for not blogging. Tom and I went to downtown East Lansing, to cheer on the team bus as it rolled through town. Saturday's game is special fo many reasons, but especially because it will be played in Detroit.

Time to get back to the quilt, I've got about 45 minutes of hand stitching before bed.
Go Green!

Till next time.... Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment