Saturday, May 9, 2009

Summer Cottage


Today's free quilt pattern is Summer Cottage. Even though it's a rainy, yucky day, May is cottage time in Michigan. I designed this pattern in honor of all the people I know who have cottages Up North and all the times I've been invited to stay with them. In May all the snow birds pack up their cars and make the trek back to Michigan for summer at the lake. My sister has cottages on Lake Huron and we're looking forward to riding bikes in Oscoda and taking Boomer swimming in the big lake. There's also a 100 mile bike ride that coincides with the Au Sable Canoe Race. Tom will be riding the 100 miles, while I'll be waiting at the finish line near at Mary Ellen's cottage in Oscoda.





Check out this video for a taste of the event.

Then imagine riding your bike next to the river while this madness is going on!
I think hanging out at the finish line with a cold beer is going to be my contribution to the weekend.

Till next time..... Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Right down my alley, Beth! Or should I say "street"? You know my love affair with house blocks/quilts. Daisy

    ReplyDelete