Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Quilt


I've been keeping up with the blogs in my list and have been inspired to post my Christmas Quilt. I called it Christmas Eve since that has some special memories for me. My Mom's birthday was Christmas Eve and every Christmas Eve when I was a girl, my Uncle Ed would come over. He was a bachelor and was my Dad's best friend, so not really an Uncle. But he would come over with TONS of gifts for me and my older sister and my two older brothers. On top of the gifts he was very funny and did a great impression of Mr. Magoo! At midnight my mother would take all the kids to midnight Mass and my Dad and Uncle Ed would stay home, drink whiskey and watch the Pope serve midnight Mass on TV!

About two weeks ago my daughter Colleen moved out. I've been a bit worried about her transition, but she seems to be doing great. When she left, she took lots of stuff, so I was able to rearrange my sewing room. I'm anxious to get some sewing done and try out the new arrangement.

Today, Tom and I bought a snow blower (we're not getting any younger) and a Christmas Tree. Tomorrow, I'll be decorating and hopefully doing a little sewing, too.

Till next time... Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt, lovely story. Thankfully, for Colleen, she has you there if it doesn't work out. She knows she will always have a home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good news - you'll probably get to use your new snowblower on Wednesday morning :)

    loved your Christmas Eve story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt & one of the nicest Christmas quilts I've seen.

    ReplyDelete