Saturday, March 5, 2011

Red and White Quilt Show


Taryn at the blog Repro Quilt Lover has a great idea. In celebration of Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts in NYC, she's organizing an online Red and White show. The idea is to post a red and white quilt from your collection (or maybe borrow a photo from a quilting friend) and post it. Then add the post to her site, Repro Quilt Lover. If you don't have a blog, you can send her a photo and she'll post it on her blog.

My addition to the show is this antique I bought at my guild about 5 years ago. The pattern is Melon Patch or Robbing Peter to Pay Paul.

The online show will end March 30 and Taryn even has prizes. So stop by her site and join the fun.

Till next time.....Happy Quilting.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Beth! Thanks for adding your striking quilt to the online show. I love that pattern and have one in red AND green. Can you tell if yours is pieced or appliqued?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mine is pieced. I haven't gotten it out in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for pointing us to Taryn's Red and White gallery challenge. Love your antique red and white! I tried making one block of this pattern for a Sampler quilt when I first started quilting in the 1980s. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love this quilt, thanks for posting it.
    isn't it great to see all these red and white quilts?
    I just love them!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete