Monday, May 30, 2011

Busy Month

This has been a busy month for me. Along with working full time, I gave a lecture on the history of quiltmaking for the CAMEO Quilters Guild in Madison Heights, MI.  I arrived a couple of hours earlier so I could see the show and shop the vendors mall. The quilts displayed were wonderful and I'll share a few of my favorites.
Here's a rarity, a beautifully hand appliqued and hand quilted quilt.
Unfortunately my pictures of the quilt labels weren't all clear, so I don't know who made this quilt, but I remember one of the CAMEO members telling me she designed it, too!
This elephant was made by Ruth McCormick..

I really liked this Michigan sampler, but again didn't catch the makers name.

So, thanks to the CAMEO Quilters for a great show and for the great audience for my talk. I promise next time to do better with the credits on my photos.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pictures! It is so nice to see a hand quilted quilt!! I sometimes feel like I am the only one who doesn't long arm
    Tim
    Lansing MI

    ReplyDelete