Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July.

Last night I went to my SIL's for a yummy Hawaiian barbecue and to view the fireworks over Sylvan Lake. It was fabulous! We walked from SIL's house down to the lake and shared the experience with her whole neighborhood. The beach was packed, boaters, kayakers, pontooners were on the lake and kids were in the water. It was a pure Michigan moment. And the fireworks were spectacular. The breeze off the
lake kept the mosquitos at bay. I didn't get a single bite, and I'm a notorious mosquito magnet.

To celebrate the holiday here's a quilt I made with my friend Norine for my Charm Quilts book. The shape is the braid and I love the way it tessellates. Norine has been having serious health problems lately, so I'm posting this with a little prayer for her.
 Since I've already seen fireworks this weekend I'll be spending my evening with a James Cagney double feature. Yankee Doodle Dandy and The Roaring Twenties.





It starts tonight on Turner Classic Movies at 8pm EST.

Till next time....Happy Quilting

2 comments:

  1. great quilt and GREAT book, I have to get mine out again time to whip up a little quilt from it, thanks for the reminder,
    hope Norine gets well soon.
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great patriotic quilt - it looks like sparklers to me!

    ReplyDelete