Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Quilt for baby Elliot

My friends Jennifer and Chris Sleeper are having a baby. The shower was last weekend and I gave them this quilt.

Baby Blocks for Baby Sleeper. 32" x 36". Photo by Pearl Yee Wong
It was a quilt top I made in a class many years ago. I pressed it and quilted it when I got the shower invitation. Jennifer's favorite color is purple, so I lucked out on that. I think of this as baby blocks in outer space. I'm happy to have a hand-made gift and to finish another UFO.

The next project is dressing a doll for the Salvation Army to give out this Christmas.

Till next time......Happy Quilting.

4 comments:

  1. Was this from Katie's class at your retreat ca. 1994? Somewhere, I still have one block of a sphere sitting on top of stair steps... Wonder where that is buried?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you're right! It's kind of embarrassing to have so many UFOs that are so old. LOL

      Delete
  2. This is a fun quilt. It reminds me of Qbert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt - I love the optical nature of cubed quilt blocks.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete