Saturday, June 18, 2011

Old Favorites

In 1995  I wrote my first book, Block By Block. My favorite quilt from the book is Ships That Pass in the Night. The boat block is traditional and the star is my variation of the Ohio Star. Add to that four patch cornerstones and you get diagonal squares running around the boats.
That quilt was made over 15 years ago, so I was delighted when Debbie Dean from North Carolina sent me this picture of a quilt she made for her grandchild just last week.

It's so fun to see this in other colors. I love the red, beautiful job Debbie, thanks for sharing.

Till next time.....Happy Quilting

2 comments:

  1. Love them both, Beth. THANK YOU for sharing. Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pattern! And it is so nice to see how the selection of fabric changes the overall look of the quilt. Both are beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing them
    Tim

    ReplyDelete