Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sunbonnet Sue


This is an antique Sunbonnet Sue quilt from my collection. It is one of 10 that I'll bring to a lecture I'm giving for the exhibit,

And Still They Prospered: Living Through the Great Depression

February 27 - May 8, 2010

at the Lorenzo Cultural Center at Macomb Community College in Clinton Twp., MI. The title of my lecture is:

Quilting in Detroit in the 1930s
Sunday, April 11 - 2 p.m.

I'd like to invite everyone to attend. The power point will have lots of great stuff from the Clarke Family collection at the MSU Museum. In fact 15 quilts from the Clarke Family are on loan for this exhibit.
For more information, directions, etc. go to:
http://www.lorenzoculturalcenter.com/schedule/index.asp

And if you come, please bring a depression era quilt for show-n-tell after the lecture!

2 comments:

  1. Beth , your talk yesterday, at Macomb was wonderful! .So is this blog. Thanks for the free pattern of the lattice quilt. I have been trying to figure out how to do that, since I saw a photo on line, last year.
    This is a site that I will check out often.
    Andra
    Metro Detroit Quilt Guild

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth,
    I'm not a big Sue fan (though I own 3 or so) but this one is a winner. Love her embroidered petticoats and the gold alt. blocks really bring the whole quilt together. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete