Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fundraising Quilt


Each fall, Habitat for Humanity Lansing partners with the ACF Capital City Professional Chefs and Cooks Association to put on Harvest for Habitat, an evening of gourmet food, fabulous door prizes, and wonderful company. This year’s event will be at the East Lansing Marriott at University Place on Sunday, October 24th, 2010 beginning at 5:30pm.

I just finished this mini-Churn Dash quilt for the "fabulous door prize" portion of the evening. It is machine pieced and machine quilted and is 22" x 28". Each block is 4 1/2" square. I found the border fabric at the Michigan Quilt Network Show last weekend at the Ethelbird and Eliza Kids booth. All the rest of the fabric was from my stash. My color choice was inspired by Roxie's black/white/bright block exchange choice.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, Beth! What are the dimensions? I like it A LOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it -- and I too am interested in its size. Totally Beautiful, Beth. Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks are 4 1/2" and the quilt is 22" x 28".

    ReplyDelete