Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hazel Ridge Path finished

Hazel Ridge Path, 87" x 58"

Owl quilting




It's finally done! I'm really pleased with the machine quilting. I traced the owls (from a Hari Walner pattern) onto tissue paper, pinned the tissue to the border and free motion quilted. Then I attached the border to the quilt. I lot of work, but worth it for the result.

Now time to get ready to teach Charm Quilts to the Patchers at the Lakeshore in Muskegon, MI. Also doing a Detroit in the 1930s lecture. I'll be there next Monday.

10 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this quilt! And now that I've seen the owl quilting, I love it even more!

    You are a Superquilter, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful quilt, Beth. A lot to look at, busy, yet restful to the eye. Its amazing to me how you did that. Congratulations on a spectacular finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt--it is just fabulous! Did you use a pattern or is it your own design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my own variation on a traditional block, Wild Goose Chase. I started with the block in the lower left corner and thought the flying geese were too small. I was too lazy to make an extra block, so just left it in. One of these days I'll write up the pattern.

      Delete
  4. Great looking quilt!! love the owls and the way the stars go into the border! great quilting!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! Love the whimsy quilting too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt. Flying and geese and stars combine my two favorite blocks for a scrap quilt. Love the green, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it!...and the owls are great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the quilt for Gijsbert van Frankenhuyzen and he takes in injured owls.

      Delete
  8. This quilt really has a lot of movement with the lights in the geese units. Such a variety of greens--really livens up the color aspect. Who doesn't love an owl???

    ReplyDelete