Sunday, October 20, 2013

Latest projects

I've finished two projects started long age. The Mermaid is a quilt I started using my daughter as the model in a class with Charlotte Warr Anderson in 1993. My daughter was 10. This year she turned 30 and kept checking on my progress on this quilt, I am happy that 20 years later it is finally finished and in her hands.
The second quilt I finished for a new baby. When my children were little, I taught at the local quilt shop. I taught a class on the book Calendar Quilts by Joan Hanson in 1991. One of the class samples was the Bunny Quilt that was for a spring quilt. The top was in my UFO pile when the I needed a quilt for a baby shower. The new mother babysit my children when I worked at the quilt shop, so it seemed appropriate to quilt this top for her new baby girl.






















Now I'm working on a bed quilt for my other daughter. I am making 205 sawtooth stars that are 4 1/4" finished. I've finished about 80 and have another 25 cut out and waiting on my new sewing table. The sewing table is much wider than my old one and I can fit many cut-out blocks on it while I sew.


Fall has finally arrived in Michigan and it's a beautiful 50 degree day.

Till next time.......Happy Stitching.

6 comments:

  1. I love your story about the mermaid quilt..my daughter is 25 and she's still waiting for her Winnie the Pooh cross stitch pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on finishing long ago started projects. I'm quite terrified to even look at all my "started" projects --- but it doesn't keep me from starting more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo la la! Can't wait until mine is done...hopefully less than 20 years from now. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've stopped making different colored stars and am concentrating on the light celery green ones as per your request.

      Delete
  4. Lovely quilts, although I have to admit I'm a sucker for small stars:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete