Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cross and Crown


Today's free quilt pattern is Cross and Crown. Today's been a busy day. I started out walking Boomer, then shoveling snow. Next was shopping for some new kitchen stuff. I bought a mandoline, one of those vegetable cutting things that makes super thin slices and julienne fries! I've had cheap versions of this before, that didn't work too well so this time I bought a Cuisinart for $60. I haven't tried it yet, but I hope for the best. I also found some plain white china dinner and salad plates for 98 cents each. I don't have "good" china because my family are rather hard on dinnerware. I've decided white would be easy to replace, I can mix and match and as long as they are white they'll all look good together. When I got home I spent an hour taking off the glued on labels and washing them. Then I made soup, a new recipe with vegetable broth, tomato puree, navy beans, rice and lots of spinach. While that was cooking I made two batches of macaroni and cheese, one for home and one for the Charm Quilt potluck tomorrow night. Then I cleaned the kitchen again and now it's 7:30pm! I had planned to sew today so I'll be signing off to work on a baby quilt for my niece who is having the family's first baby. I've hand appliqued patterns published in the Detroit News in 1935 called the Brother's/Sister's Quilt. I set them with plain blocks and added borders. So far I've hand quilted 5 of the 7 applique blocks and will probably machine quilt a grid on the setting blocks. I'm still deciding on what to quilt on the borders. When the quilt is done I'll add it to the blog.
Till next time....Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Too cool Beth! Most of the time I don't even notice the stuff on my blog. I just write it and sling it up there but today I saw your smiling face as a 'follower" and thought "Wahoo! Beth's on board!" Congrats to Colleen and I can see she's inherited your sense of humor!
    Pepper Cory who's cold in North Carolina but still grateful it ain't snowing

    ReplyDelete